Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme/original feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Click the link to go to their site to see the original list for today plus links to a whole slew of other blogs. After you read mine, of course.
Today’s topic is: the words that make me not want to pick up a book
So, this is really hard. There really aren’t that many words that will make me not pick up a book. There are certainly topics I tend to shy away from, but there are always exceptions to the rule. Keeping in line with words that make me NOT want to pick up the book, I haven’t read most of these (and please don’t try to talk me into it).
1. Word(s): Fifty Shades. No, just no.
2. Word(s): William Faulkner. I’m sorry, but I just hate this man’s writing.
3. Word(s): Biography of a teen star. Seriously?! A teenager doesn’t need a biography (unless her name is Anne Frank).
4. Word: Widow. I have such a hard time reading about women getting over the death of their husband. I just don’t even want to think about it.
5. Word: Zombies. There are definitely exceptions, but for the most part, I stay away from zombies. Especially when the zombie is the love interest. Seriously, ew.
6. Word(s): Cults. I just don’t want to know.
7. Word: Angels. Again, I’m sure there are exceptions, but I can just never get into books about angels for some reason.
8. Word(s): Abusive/controlling boyfriends or “angsty love.” How is that hot?
9. Word(s): Child Abuse. I know it happens. It makes me too sad. I turn to books for enjoyment.
10. Word(s): Death of a Pet. Again, I like books to be enjoyable. Just thinking about the death of my beloved pets brings tears to my eyes.
I think that might be it for me. I think this is the first time on a TTT post that I wasn’t struggling to get my list down to 10. I’m definitely curious to see what words makes you all shy away from a book, so link me up!
Hey lovely GFC and new followers, please follow me by Bloglovin as we all know Google Reader has gone/is going by the wayside. (I like to follow back, so please let me know if you’re a new follower–and leave a link!) Thank you!!!